- Someone delivers the Chromebook to your school. This could be the vendor, if you purchased the device, or yourself, if the device were donated.
- Attach the Chromebook to the Guest Wireless network. This is usually in the format of CPS12345. We don't put devices directly onto the 802.1x wireless network.
- Enroll the Chromebook. Enter Control Alt E. It is best if you use an account associated with the school.
- Chromebook receives wireless configuration. it's magic and happens in the background.
- Chromebook gets moved to School OU. This only happens after you submit a request to the service desk to move the devices under your school in the Admin console.
- Chromebook moves itself to the main wireless network.
Most of the devices in the District, other than Windows systems, get onto the wireless network in a similar way. Someone puts them onto the guest wireless network, they get credentials to talk to the main wireless network, and then either flip themselves or are manually moved, depending on the type of device. Chromebooks will flip. The process works like this: